Skip to main content

Reply to "keep pitching lesson the day before a start?"

quote:
Originally posted by ThreeLuv2Play:

CoachB25:Our team just had finished their first 6 day week of practice and games. 2nd game is tomorrow. I'm not sure what they do on daily basis for bullpens. Weather hasn't been great. Looking forward to a game without wind and temps in the mid 40's! Hoping to avoid situations where the expert's and coach's opinion clash. Advice posted on this board has been extremely helpful!

Let me then give some advice. If you son isn't getting his "throwing work" in, have him approach the coach. We set up a system where our kids know their rotations and whether to throw that half or full pen. Now, we do get to go inside in our gym if the weather is bad. I don't know your situation. Your son needs to take charge of his arm. After games, we don't just leave even if we are on the road. Our team knows that our pitchers have to get their work in. We can do half-pens in a short period of time by making sure we have the rotation ready by offsetting their running, bandwork and toss program. Something to think about.