Skip to main content

Reply to "KG vs. Funneldrill"

quote:
Originally posted by wraggArm:
I thought that the title "KG vs. Funneldrill" meant that we were going to get an action-packed recap of one of the more entertaining threads in a long time. I'm a little disappointed - so I'll offer this one up:

KG vs. Funneldrill Wednesday’s matchup between funneldrill and Guthrie promised to be a classic duel between HS and select baseball, but came up short when FD pulled up lame and asked to be pulled out of the contest. The thing peaked when Guthrie threw out the provocation, “Summer vs. HS = no comparison”, and got FD knickers in a twist, followed by a pretty impressive volley of nastiness. But after FD’s mysterious disappearance, posters were left in a confusing, rambling rant, and eventually degenerated into nanny-boo-boo style 3rd grader antics. Overall, it appears that Guthrie got the best of everyone, pulling off several more zingers than the second place poster, and managing to re-remind everyone he was once a bull-pin catcher by sprinkling his past with his usual self-deprecating approach.

A couple of newly respun logins arrived on the scene, and possibly even one guy who genuinely never posted before under a different name. Frankthetank rolled out some nice language that managed to lower the bar to MTV-like profanity, and some “diesel” guy posted a few lines that read like his cat must have jumped on the keyboard. One poster seemed to be trying out the time-tested method of shamelessly promoting a certain athlete as if he was a truly disinterested third party who was impressed by him at a random game – nothing new there.

Toward the end, the thread seemed to take on a playful “all-in-fun” banter after everyone realized how embarrassing their behavior was. Interesting to note that the Moderators let this one go so long, and didn’t step in with any condescending language about how this is not what HSbaseball is all about (even though this thread was pretty typical).

Overall, I would rate “KG vs. Funneldrill” an 8.5 out of 10 – pretty great entertainment. But the big buzz among fans is what to make of FD’s self-removal from the game. Lots of debate over whether he can be relied upon in the face of angry AD’s and Moderators, or if he’ll pack it up and run when the cyber-pressure’s on.

Pretty good recap I must say.

"Self-depracating"!

Now that is good.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie