Skip to main content

Reply to "Kids from the age of 11, 12 are on steroids... Trainers who can’t afford the good stuff giving horse steroids to kids. It’s a dirty business..."

Having already raised my five children and looking back I think kids that have arm, shoulder, back and knee injures as teens and pre teens that they will walk around with for 75 or 80 years is something that must be considered in a true cost/benefit fashion.  That Tommy John scar is a great look I suppose.

I did make the connection that parents are willing to do stupid things for sports everywhere.  It is always one of the top 4 topics on this site - including this string.

I do recognize that there are folks out there that feel that rush of physical danger as a way of letting you know you are alive.  I used to feel the same way about alcohol in social settings.  No one could be the life of the party like I could.  For 30 years I was the straw that stirred the drink.  Stopped 10 years ago - turns out I can still be the life of the party but I will probably live 20 less years. 

So not worth it and it has altered my view of the value of many things that used to seem so important.  

Best part of this site (especially these days) - differing opinions - respectfully submitted - all good.