Skip to main content

Reply to "Knowledge"

pdogg1 posted:

So, if my son sent out emails with his measurables and got a response with his name personalised from both the head coach and assistant head coach, there may be something to it?

Most responses will include yoyr son's name.  The schools have programs that spit out hundreds of email invites, with the players' names.  Not trying to be negative nancy.  Im just saying it's not uncommon for a school to send a camp invite with the players name who had written to them.  This does not mean the school is actively recruiting you.  The type of personalized email I am talking about would go something like this. 

Hi John,

"Thanks for reaching out to us and for sharing your information and video.  Sunnyland College is actively recruiting pitchers for the 2022 class.  Below please find our prospect camp information.  We hope you can attend so we can evaluate you in person.  What does your summer schedule look like?  Please let me know what tournaments you will be playing in.  I would like to see you in a game if possible.  Take care and keep in touch.  You can reach me at 202-111-2323.

This would be the type of email, with that little extra umph that indicates they are interested.

Also, remember, recruiting rules forbid coaches from responding to emails unless your son is an incoming Junior.  There are certain dates when they can start responding to his emails.  Before that, they are basically only allowed to send you camp information.  So you wont really be able to know how interested they are until then.  However, if your son is a stud, they will find ways to communicate with him that are within the rules.  One such way is by calling your coach.