Skip to main content

Reply to "Labrum (SLAP) tear surgery tomorrow"

Susie E,

Every once in a while I come back to read through what I went through while recovering from this injury and I am very thankful that my dad put this up here for him and I to add to. Your post caught my eye because of the mention of a different ending. For a while I was under the same thought process you are but now more than a year removed from my decision I could not be more thankful for what happened. I've spent the last year as a student assistant for an NAIA school who has given me the ability and opportunities to chase my new dream of making a career out of coaching. I also spent this past summer coaching for a top high school scout team out of Arizona. Most of all I am happy with where the game of baseball has taken me and although I still have dull pain in my shoulder multiple times a week, I am able to enjoy and grow in the game of baseball without the fear of having to make that next throw. 

In the end it isn't about whether my baseball career followed the path I wanted, it's more about whether it is following I path that puts a smile on my face. And at least for now that has never been more fitting than it is today.