Skip to main content

Reply to "Lactic Acid buildup?"

Originally Posted by Scotty83:
I apologize in advance for not giving the advice your probably asking for but getting into training argument generally ends up with the same effect as banging your head against a concrete wall. So this is the advice I will give.

Be careful when researching training or nutrition related things on the internet. The large majority of what you will find is someone trying to sell you something (not necessarily bad), someone who subscribes to a fitness magazine and feels they know, and in my opinion the worst the person took a two day or two week personal trainer course giving them just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

Keep this in mind on free training advice. How much would you trust a plumber that pulled up to your house and said hey I would like to come in and fix all your plumbing problems for free. Most people that know what there talking about don't give that knowledge away for free. That knowledge is their most valuable commodity.

Also be careful with "research" that your not trained to read. There is a great deal of research studies done to prove a point rather then to find an answer. Those are almost always corrupted studies.

The one comment I will post on. That distance running for pitchers or baseball players is useless. This is only true if the player is a very well conditioned and trained athlete. For everyone else ( especially HS players) there is plenty of benefit.

Could you give more details on the benefits of Distance Running for pitchers/baseball players.How does it help?

Also, What is your definition of well conditioned/trained athletes?