Skip to main content

Reply to "Ladies, I Need Your Counsel!!"

quote:
Originally posted by Still Learning:
Seriously Krak there may be more to it than your wife losing a little sleep. If your snoring has increased that significantly, you need to find a doctor/clinic that can conduct a "Sleep Study." During the study you will be painlessly wired and monitored as you sleep over night in the clinic. The doc can use these results to detemine if you are suffering from sleep apnea (where you actually stop breathing during sleep) and/or bradycardia where your heart rate slows/stops for significant amounts of time as well or other issues that can disturb sleep.

Often times a CPAP machine can be prescribed to correct sleep apnea. If that does not work then sometimes surgery is necessary.

Please check into this further...it is often the spouse who is more aware/complains of the symptoms than the one who is actually not breathing and causing damage to their bodies.

Great response- right on target.

Snoring is the least of the problem since apnea is usually present and has been associated with heart attacks, strokes, High blood pressure etc.

Please encourage your loved ones to take it serious and go to a sleep disorders center to get tested.

As the Coordinator of a hospital accreditted sleep center, I see the destruction of untreated apnea and the benefits of being treated.

Too often we see folks that have come in after falling asleep while driving.

Feel free to PM me if you need any general information.