Skip to main content

Reply to "Lance Armstrong"

quote:
Originally posted by lefthookdad:
WOW, it funny how everyone can convict a guy who has passed every test given to him and will take the "hearsay" testimony of those proven to have cheated. I also find it funny that all the nay-sayers here have failed to mention the the governing body of international cycling, UCI, is backing Lance.

if he doped, make THEM prove it, not him

Most of us don't have a a "dog in this hunt" so are just voicing personal opinions. Certainly, I get those who want to believe his innocence.

The UCI is no more than the cyclist Union I believe. We all know how Unions make their money and pay their Administrators. There is proof of his usage going as far back as 1999 when they found a small trace of a banned steroid in his blood. His "Team" said yes he used a steroid cream but just to treat saddle sores." Yea, right! Moreover, he also tested positive for the hormone EPO widely used in blood doping which all his former teammates have said they participated in. The practice of taking a pint of blood a few weeks before a race, and letting the body replace it, then at just before race time transfuse that earlier pint back, provide a huge Oxygen boost to the body for use during the race. A banned practice!

Then, as in DNA testing used in recent years to overturn many a Criminal injustice. Technology has
moved on. Now they have tested, in 2009, many of his earlier samples, that showed nothing then with older testing, now shows EPO. Armstrong's worth is estimated at $100 million. Guess he can "afford" to finally say "no mas" given the evidence forthcoming..

Innocent, come on, get real!!
Last edited by Prime9