Skip to main content

Reply to "Landing leg"

Highheat55,

quote:
“Just about everytime after pitching, my left knee is pretty sore”

This is the result of how you drop in from you’re leg lifted traditional pitching mechanics where you land with a locked in glove side foot stopping all previously gained forwards momentum that puts the first type of diskinetic stressful action into play.
Pushing off with your groin to then pushing back to stop this previously gained inertia

quote:
“I don't know if it has to be the way I plant my foot”

Traditional Foot plant is the first consideration.
The second is during ball drive since your foot is locked in from keeping you’re bodies mass behind the plant foot when you rotate the hips the femur rotates within the socket by staying static with it’s Fossa (socket)moving in rotation causing extreme stress from the now fully ranged in motion angled Ball (head) and socket of the hip made worse depending on how much recovery back bend you perform. This mal stress translates right into the knee that is not designed to handle lateral twisting forces that is produced by you’re mechanic.

You are rolling the ball across the socket like a mortar and pestle somewhat like you’re shoulder does when it decelerates causing Labrum problems with both joints and other complications like inflammation etc.
The problem manifests itself at all levels but is not perceived as a problem by most because it is not talked about much but puts many in the MLB on the DL.

Many X-MLB players end up with knee and hip replacement surgeries, you have heard of Tommy John surgery but did you know he had complete hip replacement also.
This is why Dr.Marshall is trying to bring the Crowstep rhythm to the mound with his bottom half tenets, these tenets can be lesser but helpfully performed even with the useless leg lift. Dr.Marshall himself has had complete knee repacement because of this destructive bottom half mechanic.

quote:
“if I am doing something wrong”

The Fix,

Stay tall, stride shorter, let you’re plant foot land heal to toe the way we walk, trot and run then rolling around with the rotation of you’re leg and bodies mass. You’re toes should stay in line with the frontal direction with you’re knee all the way through ball drive and release finish.
Firm you’re leg up when it is fully extended with you’re knee at you’re second post position. Attain 180 degrees of free flowing rotation with out any kinetic (locking in the foot) chain discontinuities.

How about some low quality U-tube video to ponder?
Last edited by Yardbird