Skip to main content

Reply to "Large Recruiting Classes"

I agree completely. Having just gone through the process with my son,I can see how exceptionally talented young men can get disappointed very quicky, especially after reading the published "2009 early signing" rosters for the schools reporting to(CollegeBaseballInsider.com.) I was "floored" when I saw a few schools with over 20 incoming 2009 signees.

Before my son verbally committed to a Division 1 school in the MAAC, I asked the head coach some questions about the size of the freshman/transfer class was for 2009, among other things, of course. Just as much as the coaches were evaluating my son, we were doing some evaluations, also; of the coaches, academics/campus envirionment/cost/$. Finding the best "fit" has been the objective from the start. This web site can be very valuable in helping parents help their sons/daughters in this regards.

I can now sit back and watch the next chapter in my son's life unfold, knowing his mother and I factored in "life after college baseball" in the overall decision. He's beginning by understanding that playing time will be earned and that his overall college experience will be some of the best times of his life.