Skip to main content

Reply to "Last night in the ER..."

PitchingFan posted:

My kids did not complain about the weight because they had ones from 10 years ago which were bulky and had thick padding.  Some of them had been wearing their own which were newer but the old ones were almost as heavy and bulky.  I did not give them an option so they may have complained but not to me.  We made so many changes that year that the helmets were the least of the complaints.   If they had I would have responded, your safety is more important than your whining.  Most of our guys played football so they were used to big bulky helmets.  Actually my AD who was head football coach said he had some old football helmets we could re-paint.  He responded I know they will take a 90 mph fastball.

Thanks @PitchingFan. I had a productive conversation today that I believe will yield positive results. Hopefully that will allow me to pass on information to his new HS coach and, at least, have the option available to him concerning the helmets. Your situation was helpful as I could point to a head coach as an example!