Skip to main content

Reply to "Late bloomer and injuries, what are the options?"

@TPM posted:

My opinion, until your son is healthy, and with club coaches obviously not being helpful, I do not see any positive outcome, by the time he has to graduate. There are hundreds of  really good healthy players available, trying to get noticed. It's a difficult time for everyone. Why has he  (not you) contacted anyone who showed interest.

You can go along for the ride for as long as you wish, but it is your responsibility as an adult to oversee that your sons education is #1. Any good honest coach will tell you that. Seems like you all have made no effort in that direction.

I am sorry that this may seem harsh, but I can tell you, honestly, that it's really tough out there.

Good luck.

TPM

Dude, wth?

I was looking for insight as to what others have done or seen or what worked for them.  He has been in constant contact with coaches, old and possible future.

Going along for the ride means allowing him to contact coaches on his own, apply to the schools he would like to go to, and steer his own boat.  Not that I did nothing.  He has other non-baseball plans (ie engineering) that have time to be explored.