Skip to main content

Reply to "Late bloomer and injuries, what are the options?"

@TPM posted:

I am not a dude. Get that straight.

You stated all communication dropped.  Or did I miss something?

What exactly does your son want to do?   He is graduating in a few months, correct? Has he applied to colleges?

You got some good feedback. I am not sure you liked it.

I am sorry for misgendering you.

Communication dropped as in communication from coaches interested in him dropped off.  Not that Son stopped communicating.

He wants to play baseball. He has applied to several colleges and Jucos. He was accepted to all of them. Son brought up gap year or redshirting to get a handle on academics and get bigger.

Summer ball coaches both said "play at my school". Son did campus visits and workouts with both right before surgery.  No one took this as a guarantee of a spot as we all don't know how long he will take to get back. One wants him to convert to OF, the other wants to keep him at IF.  Both are good options. Both said to put on a few pounds, because that is what coaches want.  Both programs have their pluses and minuses.  Both coaches have offered to contact other schools when he can ball out again.

I actively encourage constructive feedback, recommendations, and personal experiences. Anything else as to what I like or dislike is mindreading.

Last edited by Target