Skip to main content

Reply to "Late offers for 2020's? or PG year vs JUCO, walking on, or reclassifying?"

GloFisher posted:

Thank you for your responses.  He had TJS.  34 innings into recovery.  He would consider D2 or D3 but his initial targets would be higher academic which he may not qualify for.  Also, i think it would be hard mentally to go from P5 offers to D3 prior to recovering fully.  He's looking at PG over JUCO mainly due to improving his athletic and academic profile and maintaining eligibility.  He envisions baseball to be part of his college experience.  

Is the MLB draft a possibility?  I hate to even ask, because it was the furthest thing from our minds at the time of college recruiting.  But taking a PG year could be a disadvantage at draft time.  He will be older.   This is important.

Since it is public knowledge, I am going to give a specific example....David Parkinson. 

I am not sure of the exact reasons, but for his first year he went to a NJCAA college, Florence-Darlington.  He performed well and went to 'Ol Miss the next two years and was drafted as a junior.  He is in rocketing through the ranks and is in AA ball now.  http://www.thebaseballcube.com...rofile.asp?ID=200784