Skip to main content

Reply to "Late offers for 2020's? or PG year vs JUCO, walking on, or reclassifying?"

GloFisher posted:

i am not sure, but does a PG year change his draft eligibility in College?  a year early or is it the standard junior year?

"College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old"

I agree that Jupiter is probably his last good opportunity to find a home. That gives him almost 3 more months of recovery time. The odds will drop off after that, but he still has a chance to get offers for another 4-6 months. Scholarship money is definitely limited at that point. Next spring you will have to ask yourself if another year is going to make a significant difference in his velocity.

If he really needs another year, and juco is off the table, then think about a PG year vs a gap year. Is the PG year going to help with college admissions? If not, maybe a gap year with intense training makes more sense. I don't know how much lead time for PG admissions. You really don't have to make a decision about a gap year until May.

I think I would stay the course on the traditional route, with the PG or gap year as Plan B. Don't let up on academics, applying to colleges, or training. Reevaluate after Jupiter and again in March if necessary. Good luck.