Skip to main content

Reply to "Late offers for 2020's? or PG year vs JUCO, walking on, or reclassifying?"

GloFisher posted:

MLB draft is not a possibility for him without a PG year.  So in his case, the PG year would be an advantage for the draft, although as you mentioned, not a consideration right now.  and frankly, even with a PG year, it is still a distant possibility.  i am not sure, but does a PG year change his draft eligibility in College?  a year early or is it the standard junior year?  i see the advantages of a juco for those that are considering the draft... but i also know a few examples of players being drafted after their PG year...

I was thinking MLB draft in college, not high school.   But to answer your question, he could get drafted as a sophomore in college if he is 21.   Many times it is late round pick, so those sophomores stick around another year for college ball.  FWIW, I know a player that did a PG year.  Performed very well in his D1 college.  Got drafted after senior year for a dollar amount "equal to a flight ticket home".  After one season, he saw where he stood against all the 21 year olds and younger foreign guys and retired.