Skip to main content

Reply to "Late offers for 2020's? or PG year vs JUCO, walking on, or reclassifying?"

I am looking for advice...  Update on my son... he did progress throughout the summer and into the fall, however,  we have focused on a postgraduate year as his best option.  We feel that will not only give him an extra year to continue to improve and get stronger and an extra summer to compete, a chance to be a top player in a very competitive league, but also a year to mature, board, and  the experience everything that a top prep school has to offer.  He's looking at the top 3 prep schools in the country.  We feel he will be better prepared to handle the rigors of being a student athlete and life beyond baseball. Along the way to initiating this plan, he got an offer from a competitive D1 mid-major as a 2020.  Baseball-wise its a decent fit.  The school, however, is not highly ranked and my son could get in without baseball.  He likes the school and really likes the coaches, but the school is not one he would choose without baseball.  The interest he has received as a 2021 (no offers yet) is from much higher ranked academic schools.  Academics are important to him.  There are no guarantees that other schools will offer him as a 2021 but his projection and feedback from his travel coaches leads us to believe that he will have options.  For the purpose of this discussion, assume money is not the deciding factor and that he will get into one of the top prep schools.  Its a dilemma.   My wife and I favor the PG route but the 2020 route also has merit.  My son is torn.