Skip to main content

Reply to "Late offers for 2020's? or PG year vs JUCO, walking on, or reclassifying?"

Glofisher, for me it would come down to how realistic it is that your son will get the 2021 offers from the schools you are targeting.   The problem is there is really no way to know in time to make a fully informed decision.    There are no bad answers to your question above but sounds like you feel the D1 school is not optimal from an educational standpoint.   When I asked a similar question about my son, PG or D3, the comment that stuck with me the most was that the opportunities he has this year will most  likely still be there for him next year.   I personally would go the PG route and go for the HA options and if that doesn't work out it sounds like he would still be a very viable mid major D1 player.   If you son was say a 6 foot 5  inch LHP and the PG route enabled him to get to the mid to upper 80's you will get what you are seeking -  the HA (or higher academic) D1's that you are targeting.  Tough call though.