Skip to main content

Reply to ""Launching Pads""

Hey guys Just popping in here from the land of fruit and nuts, since my son will be going to school in Tx in about three weeks, I will at least become and honorary Texan. (at least from an economic standpoint Wink)

The experience we had last year in Ca using BBCOR’s was generally positive. Scoring went down by 1-3 runs a game. As far as the bats, the biggest issue we had was finding a bat with good balance. Many of the early models were top heavy. I think what the manufacturers are working on is improving the balance since the “trampoline effect” has to stay constant. So while “pop” may not change the balance and the feel of the bat will which helps in "hitability".

My son’s summer team is in the Pony World Series and they are going back to the old BESR bats for the tournament (this is weird) and we had to make an adjustment using them. The first couple of games we struggled offensively and defensively. Both our INF and OF were playing in too shallow. We had balls go over our OF heads that would have been easy flairs with BBCOR’s or wood (maybe broken). Scoring went up by 2-3 runs and the games took forever it seemed. BBCOR bats should shorten up your HS games by 15-20mins, and defense and pitching will make the difference. HR’s will go down by 30-40%.