Skip to main content

Reply to "LCA and VHSL"

You better believe that this is just the beginning.  While transfer was mentioned, I need some clarity on how the privates can or will be subject to transfer and recruiting rules under the VHSL.  I also think that this will precede the "Next Great Realignment"!   I keep hearing rumors about where things will be after the next realignment cycle.  It seems as though the future will look a lot more like the past.  Seemingly there are those in the VHSL who quietly agree that the current structure is a massive fail.

Regarding GCA and Atlantic Shores in the SED...I'm not so sure they would be so quick to want to be a part.  GCA, in particular, is private school royalty in their state division.  I don't mean this as a dis to GCA, as they obviously have a fine program.  But to play NR, WB, HH, GF, and GB along with OS and IR.  Potentially twice?!?!?  Different level altogether.  They would certainly be competitive, but no longer would they challenge for a state title on a regular basis.

LCA seeking better competition is a bit different in their respective district than would be for GCA and Atlantic Shores.  And I'm just speaking in baseball terms.  We won't get into the basketball and football conversation.

Last edited by GoHeels