Skip to main content

Reply to "League Ball Participation"

Sorry if my question was misunderstood, I was just stating that I have noticed that a lot of travel ball players lack the fundamentals that were taught in the various leagues. We were never involved in Little League as my son only played Pony, and Connie Mack so I don't have much knowledge of L.L. itself.
As for "Daddy Ball" I have seen my share while being on the Pony boards for 9 years and even more in travel ball. In our area, I would guess, a least 60% of the travel teams were started because of a parent was not happy with their child's play time so they got together with other parents to start a team and as I stated before, most of them were middle of the road league players.
Personally, I have never coached my son on a team and always told him that he had to earn his right to play. This is how I dealt with my son from T-ball to college but I always told him if he decided to play for a team he could not quit whether he was playing or not. IMO this made him work harder to be a better player.