Skip to main content

Reply to "Legal fastball is high and tight"

SportsQuest continues to burn all kinds of bridges in Chesterfield County. I always thought a lease was a contract that wasn't voidable unless terms of the agreement were violated. But I'm not a lawyer, and the Holiday Inn was all booked up last night. In my opinion, the smarter option would have been for SportsQuest to look to partner with RBA South considering that their focus is more on lessons and providing a comprehensive program for their guys (training, instruction, travel teams, etc). The Braves seem to be most interested in using their name and rep in order to get the most kids possible to pay to play for their travel teams only. I could be wrong about the Braves focus. Also, RBAS may not have been interested.

Regardless, SportsQuest seems to think they can bully their way into dominance. I don't see it happening, and the thoughts of this "sports university" seem like a pipe dream to me. I could be wrong about some of the Olympic sports, but I can't see folks uprooting their families to move to Richmond for a baseball school. Florida, Arizona, or SoCal? Sure. But not Richmond. Just my opinion.
Last edited by Emanski's Heroes