Skip to main content

Reply to "Lesson to be learned"

Originally Posted by RJM:

While this kid was stinking up the joint in high school all we heard about was the incredible feedback the kid was getting from showcases. All the major programs in the country were watching him and corresponding (in your dreams, dad). 

Since the the kid threw 85 over the following three years he walked on at two JuCos and a D3. But he rarely pitched. The coaches were screwing him! Between high school and college the kid went to six schools in six years where every coach screwed him out of his shot at the big leagues.

Ugh, that part doesn't get better either?  I was told last week by a parent who has never stayed with the same team more than 1 year, that their 12u kid was being underutilized and he was going to play for Team X (which is a reputable team) because, and I quote, "They have been scouting him since he was six". 

I know you all tell me not to hit the fast forward button, to enjoy this while I can, but come on!  Should I take stock in an ear-plug company?  How do you not roll your eyes at that?