Skip to main content

Reply to "Lessons Learned In Collegiate Summer Wooden Bat League"

I agree with Floridafan's comments regarding the summer experience in the Cosastal Plain League and specifically Fayetteville. This was son's third summer league season and first with the Swampdogs and according to him it has easily been his best experience. Skip Handelsman and his crew do a great job connecting his team and players to the community and I think the players get a good feel for what it may be like playing minor league ball. Son enjoyed being recognized as a Swampdog ballplayer around town.

The Coastal Plain League season is a long one, 56 games, and the players do wish for a little more down time than they are able to get. But if most of them feel the same as my son, they would not trade the experience. He sprained his ankle a couple of days ago and will most likely not be ready to catch any of the upcoming playoff games. Even though his mother and girlfriend are putting significant pressure on him to wrap it up and come home, he says he is going to stay with his teammates and finish the season out, playing or not. I think that is a good indicator of what he thinks of his experience with Fayettteville this summer.