Skip to main content

Reply to "Let’s Talk Bats - Best BBCOR of All Time"

There was a conversation between some pros the other day about the best BBCOR bats that they used to mash with. It was interesting and funny to hear them argue about it. What were the best bats when your kids played?

My son has only been using BBCOR for a couple years, but during that time I’d say the 2019 red Meta has been the best. Although the Demarini The Goods may take its place.

The meta prime in blue was actually banned in 33".  Same bat as the red meta prime as far as I could tell.  They were selling for $1500 on eBay at one point point.   There is also a meta pwr prime that was very good but didn't get banned.  Meta is hands down the the best for smaller kids but they go dead over time.  If you have more size the one piece metal voodoos were good. I hear the newest Cat is very good.

Some will say it's the shooter not the arrow but there are definitely bats that were better than others.  The previously mentioned  -5 and -10 USSSA Zens and other Demarini CFs were lethal weapons.  I read a story about a guy in Texas who used a tool they use to find hot bats in softball tournaments  and college WS who said that the off the shelf Zen was hotter than a shaved bat.  I've seen them explode on contact. They were legendary, and dangerous.

Last edited by KennieProton