Skip to main content

Reply to "Lets Talk Pitching - Ask/Discussion about pitching from professional instructor"

To add onto what BOF said above, I don't understand why something would be done if it is not optimal, knowing the exercise that would be optimal. If we know that there is a better alternative to distance running, why not do that?

I didn't get upset that BaseballInstructor50 teaches long distance running. I got upset because he showed  continues to show a complete lack of aptitude for learning how to do his job. The methods he preaches are not benefitting his clients and he refuses to understand what he can do to make himself better. Instead of being willing to learn, he cites his past experience as a player as an example of why his teaching methods are right, and mocks science, evidence, and research in a condescending manner. That is not someone who's opinion I respect or someone who I feel deserves to profit off of his inability to teach. 

My reactions were less about the content of the thread and more about his reactions to other thoughts.