Skip to main content

Reply to "Lets Talk Pitching - Ask/Discussion about pitching from professional instructor"

I do not wish to take the time to read all the way back to the beginning of this.  But here are my thoughts on pitching instruction.  First it means absolutely nothing to me if a guy played big league ball or stopped in little league.  Shouldn't we all have learned this by now with the success of the modern day GM's who really have no playing experience but know how to analyze and disect things?  Ab Ility to do something has little correlation to ability to teach it.  Second (and I am not saying the OP doesn't do this) if they don't use video I would never trust a paid instructor.  Finally I agree with what several have said, things change and you have to remain open minded.   When enough evidence stacks up against what you have been teaching for years don't dig your heels in.  It is no shame to say "I have researched some new findings and I am making a change to how I do things".  The mark of a dedicated and intelligent coach.