Skip to main content

Reply to "Lets Talk Pitching - Ask/Discussion about pitching from professional instructor"

Originally Posted by TPM:

I never played any years in proball. Why would you assume that?
Does one have to be involved in baseball to understand that changes have been made to conditioning and training and why?
My point and others has been that pitcher training and conditioning is very different from what it was years ago (even when son began college and pro career). I certainly would want to be sure that the person my pitcher would be training with be aware of proper methods used today, because things are a whole lot different than they were even a short time ago.

I am not sure how much to trust anyone who comes onto a site looking for business and does not seem to be open minded to todays methods of conditioning and training.

I agree that when dealing with trainers for any sporting activity you want to make sure they are someone that stays in touch with the latest information. However unlike say doctors where the latest information is baised on actual research and science. A great deal of the new training will be made on assumptions and opinions. You have to be careful of trainers that just jump on the latest fad also. Look at how much training has been done of the past 40 years that has been proven to be useless. Those methods weren't done by quack pots. They were done by respected leaders in the field at the time and they were horribly wrong. Stick with what works for you not what someone else tells you that you should do. Try new things and have an open mind but don't just blindly follow because it's a new thing or its recomended by an "expert". New sells better than proven.
Last edited by Scotty83