Skip to main content

Reply to "Lets Talk Pitching - Ask/Discussion about pitching from professional instructor"

Originally Posted by Overthehill:

Dang, spent the last hour reading this entire thread.  My dad once told me to listen to anyone that wants to talk baseball.  Take what you think will work, let the rest go.  The 'science' of the whole matter is to use what works best for you.  My son is a 20 year old college pitcher and has never had arm problems.  Therefore, if it's not broke don't fix it.  I had a hard time reading people downgrade each other.  Pro pitchers and hitters all got where they are from what 'they' believe works and stuck to it.  Parents, do what your kid thinks works and don't worry about what the 'instructors/gurus' say.  If his arm hurts, rest.  If he gets tired, run.  If he ices and it seems to relieve soreness, ice.  I played college baseball, am a Kinesiology major, and my philosophy is still whatever works for each kid.  Thanks for all of the opinions shared.  Good luck to all. 

While I understand the sentiment, there are a lot of guys out there who are doing things that "work for them..." until it doesn't and they're on a surgeons table.