Skip to main content

Reply to "Lets Talk Pitching - Ask/Discussion about pitching from professional instructor"

Earlier someone said that it doesn't matter if the coach played minor league ball.  It does in most instances to me, and I would bet to others also.  I don't know how to coach baseball, so I would like to have relative certainty that the people that I pay good money too, at least played the sport at a high level.  My son has had coaches that played in AAA (The best hitting coach he has ever had.) AA - Pitching Coach & 2 of his Travel Team Coaches, and many former college players have coached him.  If a coach has played baseball in the minors, or in college, that adds to his resume and his credentials.  If a coach does not have any MILB or college experience, he would need to have good examples of his work.  (A good track record of results, or good word of mouth from someone that I trust.)  I am not saying that I would never pay someone for training that does not have the minor or college playing/coaching experience, but it definitely helps me to make a decision.