Skip to main content

Reply to "Lets Talk Pitching - Ask/Discussion about pitching from professional instructor"

Originally Posted by Cheesy Curve:

@ TPM

I have seen posters elsewhere wondering what type of program a coach had their kids on. I simply replied with what our guy who is now d2  did. Very few have posted anything. I tink he meant why is that program any good if it just maxed the kid at 84.   Multitudes of high school pitchers throwing in the high 80s is a myth. So I'm completely happy with this. Considering his distaste for Olympic type lifts and a metabolism that was on high all the time which made gaining weight difficult.

If I can max every senior pitcher I work with at 84\85 heck even breaking into the 80s I will be beyond happy especially if there are no injury issues. That is plenty fast enough to get a look at from colleges. After that I'll let the college pitching coach do the rest considering you study workout and play ball almost the entire school year.

I am not going to debate your pitching philosophy with you.  Every pitcher is different and all depends left/ right.

Be aware that many folks here have frosh, sophs and juniors hitting close to 90, so they wont agree they would be happy if their sons maxed at 84/85 because their goals are to play higher than D2.

Just sayin....