Skip to main content

Reply to "Letter of Intent.......the real story"

TR, seems for the two athletes involved it is clearly the "real story." Each signed an NLI and neither ended up at that school.
I assume you are questioning whether there is "more" to the story. Seems to me that is a question with no answer for at least one student athlete because OSU refused to provide any information, as they have the right to do. Since that student ended up at Bucknell I think we can safely assume she had "pretty solid" academics and integrity.
To me the point of the article and its importance is the OSU saga. Sign a NLI, coach is fired and new coach arrives, NLI no longer. Have a sense this was one of the issues with OU and Coach Stephenson. He wanted his players and the committments of the prior staff made it clear he would not get "his" players. Since OSU would not talk, the inference there is the coach wanted his own players and the athletic department supported him in that endeavor.
I had suggested to KellerDad the importance of posting this article here. Whether it is the entire story is largely irrelevent. It shows that the NLI can be a one way street where some schools/coaches are involved.