Skip to main content

Reply to "letters"

The more personal the intro is the more impressed the college coach will be be and let it be written by the player-- they can tell when daddy "ghost" wrote the letter

A funny story from my experience with my son back in 1994 and I still chuckle about it.

I am a pretty good marketing guy and did the job for my son, back them the "exposure" scene was not like it is today. I do not think there was a baseball program that did not know who my son was.

In fact because of the "job" we did he got a scholarship without ever being seen by the coaching staff at the college where he ended up.

A year after he graduated I am at tournament behind the coaches at the backstop and all of a sudden one coach asks another " Hey anyone know where the Rizzi kid ended up? His dad must have worked the bejeebers out of the process. Everyone knew who the kid was." Another coach pipes back "Well he must have done something right because the kid is at New Mexico State and on a scholarship."

Were we proactive? Yes and to a fault and all to the good. You have to go for it

I had done it for myself previously---I fished on Northeast Pro Bass Tournament circuit and paid for nothing--rods and reels, motels, lures etal-- I marketed myself and made it work--you can do the same in the college baseball recruiting process

If you so desire feel free to contact me

TRhit@msn.com