Skip to main content

Reply to "#LetthemplayCA"

Our high school has suffered 1 suicide and 0 deaths from other causes this year. If you have children you know the positives of athletics far outweigh the risks—otherwise you would not drive and fly to tournaments across the state and country (automobile accidents are the leading cause of death for young people).

If you do not want your child to participate due to the perceived risk I’m not asking you to join. Others will gladly fill your son’s roster spot if we were to play tomorrow. But please do think it over and consider joining the movement!

I understand and I am in agreement with you.

I was just pointing out how bad COVID is in LA county.  Wouldn't or shouldn't the first step be to control the virus?  I know that it takes a lot of hard work, planning and hours and hours to get a college team from first day of practice to first game of the season.   There is HS sports going on in Florida and I am sorry it's not happening everywhere.

It is true that young adults do not get very ill from COVID.  The issue is bringing it home to family members, and as pointed out by anotherparent, lack of hospitals, which I guess seems to be a really big problem.

Best of luck.

Last edited by TPM