Skip to main content

Reply to "#LetthemplayCA"

the group is a bunch of crazy parents, imo.  I joined it, expecting a group with a focus of brainstorming and implementing ideas for a safe return to sports.  instead, it's parents demanding an immediate return too normalcy, downplaying the pandemic and shouting down, en mass, anyone who dares suggest a more measured approach and consideration.  I had a post comment deleted and the only thing i can figure is that i pointed out that someone's calculations were incorrect.  a recent post suggested that, while the virus doesn't seem to affect youth as severely, perhaps the reason for shutting down is the fact that the kids could bring the virus home to more vulnerable family members.   the poster was flamed and told to "leave the group" if he wanted to keep the kids off the field (he never suggested anything like that).

if the group could have started with the premise that the virus is real, that there could be steps taken to make a return to sports safe and that both sides need to work together to come up with a solution, then it could have made some good inroads to solving the problem.  instead, it's a bunch of entitled parents demanding everything they want and conceding nothing.