Skip to main content

Reply to "LHP"

We know/played with roughly 20-25 ish committed pitchers in our area from this past year.  We saw a ton more P commits at tourneys throughout the summer plus peers committed to his conference.  Based on everything we saw and heard,  IMO a good 6’1, 210, topping 85mph in-game and sitting 82-83, LHP would get serious interest in HA D3 (with perhaps the exception of JH and 1-2 more).   Would be right on the bubble for some Patriot schools and may come down to his secondaries polish. Would think a slight reach for Ivy. Would think quite a few other D1’s would be interested.  We see 85mph lower D1 commits in our area.  These our just one persons recent observations so a grain of salt here…. Seek trusted advisors.

My advice for the next 8-9 months is make sure you clean up mechanics- smooth LHP’s grab imaginations and you also could get another 2-3mph out of it.  Make sure your club team goes to the type of events your target conferences go to.   Make sure target coaches know his pitching schedule.  Coaches generally wanted to see my son throw 2 times in-game.  Some were okay with one but between tourneys and showcases (and I guess camps but we didn’t go to them), start to think about a rough plan.  So in the Northeast, for example, Diamond Nation Super 17 and Boston Open were 2 that quite a few coaches (of our targets) were behind the backstop watching and all radaring.  Again, our experience and located in North East.  Best of luck.

Last edited by BBSBfan