Skip to main content

Reply to "LHP in an unusual recruiting position. Advice needed!!"

I am not qualified to answer your questions, but here are some things you can do:

1)  Go ahead and get qualified now from the NCAA Eligibility Center as Rick above mentioned.  It is basically filling out a few things online and then sending in your HS transcripts (and of course paying them a fee).  If you don't qualify, you will know what you need to do, or you won't be playing D1 college ball.  Period.  When keewartson was being recruited, college coaches asked if he had already qualified.  

2)  A year from now, after you have practiced, trained, gained weight, played college club ball, maybe summer collegiate ball, ......go to a MLB tryout.  Keewartson and I went to watch a local tryout several years ago to see what it was all about (and to go to a bakery nearby... but I digress) and there were many college players there.  At least you can see what you are up against.  (Tryouts are listed online and are free).

3)  If club or D1 ball doesn't work out, you can still be part of the team by being a team manager.  Some perks in doing that:  possible scholarship money, travel, cool team gear, being part of a team, good references.

Last edited by keewart