Skip to main content

Reply to "LHP in an unusual recruiting position. Advice needed!!"

wibaseballer3,

I don't think you realize how monumental a challenge you have set before yourself, but that's probably just as well.  If you knew how far behind you are, you might talk yourself out of even trying.  

If this is your goal, it's better just to focus each day on what you can do that day.

I think your first priority ought to be to find some way to get into some real games and pitch to real batters as soon as possible.  There is no point speculating how good you might be or who might be interested in you next year until you find out where you are right now.  If you can't join the club team, join the local men's rec league (Rick can tell you if there are any eligibility problems with that).  As a moderator, I can see your email address, so I know there is an MSBL league in the city where you go to school.  Get on some kind of team this fall and pitch all you can.

The other thing you can do right now is sign up for a physical education class in strength training at your school this fall or join a gym and start working with a personal trainer who knows something about training pitchers.

One step at a time.

Check back and let us know how it's going. 

Best wishes,