Skip to main content

Reply to "Life's Next Step"

Thanks to all once again. While its just the first step, I look forward to this potentially opening doors in the future. Its been reiterated to me throughout countless unsuccessful job applications and interviews that this industry is not easy to get into. When there's one job opening and hundreds of applicants, employers tend to be very picky (as they should be). My case just so happens to be one of persistence, patience and a bit of good luck. 

I will most certainly keep everyone here posted on the progress as I continue to (hopefully) move up the ladder. I've been very fortunate enough to have an outstanding support group surrounding me that opens me up to a widely available range of contacts within the game. If you would've told me that at this time last year that my phone and email contacts would consist of some of the names they do now, I would've laughed at you. But, its funny how things work sometimes when you're in the right place at the right time.

coach2709- One of the posters here, Aldoinla, has a son who is currently in the Nationals organization and will most likely be doing a bit of rehab work as he is recovering from Tommy John. As per my job description, there is potential for me to be assigned to shoot some video and write some analysis of his progress and performance when he finally is able to get back on the mound. He's 18 years old, 6'6" and throws 100 mph. If you want to be the bullpen catcher, be my guest.