Skip to main content

Reply to "Like it was the World Series"

quote:
Originally posted by rodk:
As far as mixed message on playoff strategies, I'd think the kids on the winning team in the semi would be at least as disappointed as ours were, since they had no chance of winning the final and the best pitchers were barred from playing in the final.

I don't believe I have ever seen kids disappointed after winning a game...

I could give you several examples from my experience of seeing teams win that weren't expected to win...but that's not the point...you have to make it to that game in order to have a chance to win it...the other team did what they had to do to get to the championship and that gave them a chance at winning it...your son's team is the team that had no chance since they weren't actually playing in the game...

I have and will always enjoy watching both of my boys play whatever sports they choose to play, but when both were playing baseball, there was enough difference between their age levels that I quickly learned what MN-Mom and others have said so much better than I could...Hopefully we'll see how well I learned the lesson this fall as I watch my boys play Freshman and Varsity football...
Last edited by TurnTwoNet