Skip to main content

Reply to "Limom84 comes clean."

limom84

First of all Mom and Dad should get excited when their son does well in High School. Heck when my son pitched a no hitter on the JV I got excited even though I knew there were better players on the varsity. I also know that scouts don't give a hoot about Mom and Dad so I am not sure what that has to do with the subject.

Scouts know how to evaluate talent. The players that can't make it at the HS level will almost never get a chance at the next level no matter how fast they run. Many who are good hitters at the HS level will also have little opportunity at the next level unless they have demonstrated to someone they have the talent to play at that next level. The demonstration of this talent does not usually take place during the traditional HS season but at showcases, camps and high-level tournament play in the summer or fall. Bottom line though is if a player can hit he will be on a roster regardless of his speed. If a player can run he better also bring another skill to the park or he won't make it.
Last edited by bbforlife