Skip to main content

Reply to "Little League and AL"

I am pro-wood but not at the small diamond level. 75% of the kids at that level would have problems handling wood which may result in a measurable percentage changing over to dandelion kickin socker players. HSBBW members for the most part represent the cream of the crop, and at times I think our voice is a little amplified for that fact. The last thing you want to do is knock that number of small field players down because of frustration issues. We all know that LL is not the future "talent indicator", so you may be losing some of your future hidden gems because of equipment issues. As far as the old school "crack of the bat" sound, it is not a noise you will hear on a small field, what I think you might hear is a lot of "heads-up" as wood bats fly out of young hands. When I think of LL I think small diamond, and when I think small diamond I think of players that represent the largest number of LL paticipants. Go to wood on the big field, but don't chew off the small field hand that feeds you. IMHO.

As rz scurries into a hole.
Last edited by rz1