Skip to main content

Reply to "Little League and AL"

quote:
Originally posted by Scorekeeper:

What did I ever say that’s any different? I don’t like the way the game has gone with metal either! I’m not trying to be inflammatory at all. All I’m saying is, safety hasn’t been proven to be a good enough reason to do away with the darn things.

Perhaps - from your perspective - that is the case. From my perspective - I do not need a scientist to prove exit ratios. All I need is my eyes.

Does the ball come off of metal bats faster than wood? Not necessarily.

I disagree. No rationalizations or hedging either. Just falt out disagree with you.

Now here’s a question for you. what have you done to try to stem the metal bat tide, other than to tell me I’m wrong for the way I think?

Actually - lots of things.
Heres a few.
Ive written to my congressman. Twice

Ive encouraged my eldest son to transfer to an all-wood bat collegiate conference (The GLVC - D-2)

I sought out - and with HiHardHeat's help - got my youngest son into a great program - that plays and practices almost exclusively with wood year round.

Since you are so full of questions - let me ask one - what have you done other than sit on both sides of the fence and infer that people who have an opinion are a lynch mob?
Last edited by itsinthegame