Skip to main content

Reply to "Little League and AL"

A byproduct of sports are injuries and they will happen regardless of changes in equipment. Some people hide behind the safety curtain when their main reason may be to bring back the "old school" game. I think I've stated my personal opinion, but a tongue-thru-cheek comment by rz1 to those safety motivated folks.

If the concern is safety, and people think that wood might reduce the number of line-drive injuries, why not reduce them even more by using pitching machines for kids.

Yes, that is an ignorant statement, but it goes to show how the far apart the opinions can be. From bat manufactures who build the to the bat to it's maximum, to those bleeding hearts who try to put a bubble around the kids. It is an evolving issue that I doubt will ever find a happy medium. Many of those who want to see a change slowly disapear because their kids "age out" of the sport,and many others who will not take a stand because they love to see their kids succeed with metal. There's just no consistency and mass support in the movement while the bat manufacturer puts money into disuading any mounting change in favor of profit. Meanwhile I will sit back and enjoy the game regardless of the bat.
Last edited by rz1