Skip to main content

Reply to "Little League and AL"

I would like someone to dispute these facts. Metal bat games (HS 7 Innings) last on average of 2 hours 45 minutes. I know this because I have been a HS coach for many years and attend numerous HS games during the season. Wood bat games last on average 1 hour 50 minutes. I know this as well because I have coached wood bat leagues and have attended numerous wood bat games. In WWBA events games are scheduled for 2 hours. They rarely reach the two hour limit (rarely). I have also seen them last 55 minutes a complete 7 inning game. Now why is this? The ball comes off the bat the same right? Give me a break. Metal bats change the game. Metal bats cheat the game. Metal bats allow for kids to have sucess when they should not have success. If it were up to me they would be banned period for all age levels. Why dont we use a nerf football for youth leagues? Why do middle school basketball players play on a 10'foot goal? If a kid leaves the game because he has to hit with a wood bat like all the other kids then he needs to leave the game. I dont want to hear all this stuff about cost either. You can buy three composite bats for the cost of one nuclear bat. Those three composite bats will last longer than that one metal bat. Maybe when kids started learning to hit with wood they wouldnt break them so often. This year at WWBA event in Ga and Jupiter I dont remember seeing more than one or two bats broken in games. And thats alot of games. I guess we need to stop using car seats for kids you know they sure are expensive.