Skip to main content

Reply to "Little League Screws Things Up Even More"

I like the idea of no 13 year olds.  From age 12 to age 13, or one grade/class to the next, there can be a tremendous amount of growth both physically and athletically.

I love Little League Baseball.  I also love travel baseball at that age.  It is all great IMO.  Not sure how anyone can love baseball and dislike Little League.  Perfection doesn't exist at any level of baseball.  Those that promote the game should be applauded and Little League might promote the game as well as anyone.

I once saw a 6'2 12 year old pitching and he topped out at 84 mph.  This was in travel baseball, but even at that, I was genuinely worried about the little kids he was facing.  They were unable to react to his pitches.  One of the first things I thought of was, what would this look like on television if he were in the LLWS.  What would 84 mph translate to comparing it to normal distance?  Anyway, he was pretty much impossible to hit and extremely dangerous IMO.  I did hear that he also was on the 15U team, but they put him on this team for a tournament.