Skip to main content

Reply to "Little League Screws Things Up Even More"

Originally Posted by proudhesmine:

Watched WGN and am now watching Cap+Haugh.While everyone is reporting residence rules theres not a complete explanation.Did the kids that were on the team not play in the JRW LL regular season?Were the extra kids pulled in once all stars were picked?Just how far out of distict were the extra kids?Were they living just out of the lines with no realistic way of getting to thier district LL field?Were the out of district kids actually recruited?I would really like to hear the details of this story.My last year coaching in town (we played pony ball at the 12u here) I sat in meeting with adults who had actually come up with a plan so that the all star team could have 1 more real good 12u player.Couldn't believe it.Thankfully plan wasn't allowed to move foward.Tho one of the culprites is now an assistant at the H.S.

There's a link in the other thread that covers many of your questions.

It seems that JRW LL redrew their league lines to include players who otherwise would have to play All-Stars in bordering leagues.  JRW LL failed to get the bordering leagues to agree to the changes and submitted the "revised" district boundary as "official" when the redrawing had not been agreed upon.  It appears that quite a few players were just out of the original boundary lines - some were in a development that was not within the league's boundary, but bordered the league.

It also pointed out some questionable addresses were uses as "residence" where the parents owned multiple properties with only one within the league boundary - whether they actually resided there was questionable.  Or addresses of relatives were used as the parent's address.  

They did not address whether the players had actually played the minimum number of games during the regular season prior to All-Stars.

Link here:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago...burban-league-claims

Last edited by FoxDad