Skip to main content

Reply to "Little League Screws Things Up Even More"

Originally Posted by proudhesmine:

No 4A.Look I'm not saying anyone cheated to win.I just think this could be a big problem no one sees coming with charter schools.Also I do think charter schools are viable options in horrible situations.But theres no boundries.If you can show up on time everyday you're in.Where most charter schools are at they can draw from close if not over a population of a million.Thats a very large school distict.

I hear you, sorry, didn't meant to say you thought they were cheating.  I've often wondered about the magnet/charter schools myself.  How does Simeon become a basketball powerhouse year after year when they are a magnet school.  You can't tell me they are not out there looking for players.  

I had a funny conversation with the parent of a catholic school kid a few weeks back at one of our practices.  Its a school that is know for recruiting in football.   We were discussing the IHSA playoffs and he kept insisting to me that the public schools are out there recruiting too and that they private schools are being punished for doing the same thing.