Skip to main content

Reply to "LLWS, Here We Go Again"

quote:
Originally posted by SultanofSwat:
ASMI, a well meaning group, does have a few logic problems with this pitch.

They show a scary slide headlining that 64% of pitchers with UCL problems threw curveballs.

What they don't tell you is that 100% of them threw fastballs. (that must be really scary)

Then they say that radar guns are a big factor in injuries and "many parents even have radar guns".

Parents with guns like me are monitoring fatigue to prevent injuries. Personally, I don't see why you would want to train a pitcher without a measuring device.

Radar guns are a factor. I have no objection to radar gunning a kid, if you keep it to yourself. However, I do have an objection to making it obvious that you're radar gunning a kid and telling the entire team that you're gunning their pitches. Furthermore, sharing that information publicly isn't a good idea.

Kids try to out do the kid before them, leading to unnecessary wear and tear. If this happens enough, the kid hurts his arm.

So in summary, you can clock the kid, but share the results only with him or keep them to yourself. Kids trying to out do each other leads to injuries.