Skip to main content

Reply to "LLWS, Here We Go Again"

LL all-stars was fun. It was a great time for the kids, the parents and the community. Both my son and I made knew friends through the time spent together. This happens when your team plays into August rather than 2&BBQ.

When my son was twelve he played a game before an estimated crowd of 800-1000. I told him to enjoy it. I told him he may not play a baseball game in front of that many people again.

Living within a three hour drive to Williamsport we went several times when my son was ten to twelve years old. There aren't any stangers at Williamsport. Everyone is connected by the game of baseball. We met interesting people from all over the country and the world. Williamsport is the Disneyland of Baseball.

When my son played only travel ball starting at thirteen he said he missed the "win or go home" aspect to all-stars. In travel ball there's always next week.

Nothing I've stated makes the quality of ball played in all-stars better than travel. But who cares in the preteen years. My son did both then. LL was the priority. If the clock was wound back to when he was a preteen I'd have him do it all over again the same way.